Sunday, July 1, 2012

After two busy weeks, some final thoughts



If ever there were a lesson in how difficult it is to keep secrets in this connected age, it's my attempt to surprise you with a video summing up thoughts from our closing ceremony. It didn't help that I forgot about a Vimeo feature that tweets when I post a video (finally figured out how to shut that off).

So anyway, here you go. Enjoy.

I created this to share with the granting organization, hence the focus on statements of the program's benefits to teachers, their students and their school communities.

Because I am so intent on getting participants out the door – not to be rid of you but to fulfill my obligation to get everyone to the airport on time – my brief closing words always wind up leaving me unsatisfied. I do want to say this now that I have the luxury of time: It's been nothing short of a pleasure to get to know each of you. I've appreciated your attention and your dedication to the task, even when the days were long and the challenges great. I've appreciated your good humor. Perhaps more than anything, I've enjoying seeing you become a family of sorts through our sessions, social media interactions and even rumored evening extracurricular confabs at downtown Phoenix nightspots.

So thanks. It's been fun.

This post doesn't mean the blog need end. I'll leave it open until folks aren't using it.

I'll send a note later today with information on submitting lesson plans and how I'll go about reviewing assignments and assigning continuing-education credit.

Steve Elliott
Arizona State University
Phoenix

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including me in the video. My little speech was an out-of-body experience. I really did not know what I was saying, as I was saying it. The words just kind of spilled out. After I said the words, they were gone in history, and there was no way to recollect them in my memory.

    Now is the time to re-collect. I soaked up everything like a big sponge while at the Institute. I will now begin the process of "wringing" out all of this great stuff.

    ReplyDelete