Thursday, June 28, 2012

Death by Design

Did you all know about this stuff?  It was review for me.


I learned a lot today about design elements that I had never even thought about. I mean, obviously I knew about all the parts to a single character of text (sarcasm).

Seriously, though, I never put much thought into leading and skewing and so on.

I was happy that I didn't get "crucified" for the wrongdoings of The Dublin Shield.

The one thing I want to bring back from this session is adding variety to our layout. Every page looks like the center spread. Although my layout editors were starting to take some risks at the end of the year. I think it was Heather who posted on Facebook that we share our issues with one another. I'll be sure to send a link of the Shield's .pdfs for you all to check out.

1 comment:

  1. There was so much information today. I had no clue typography could be so complex. In fact, I had no clue you could change much about font outside of the default. It is amazing what this means for the layout of our pages.

    And just so you know, I enjoyed seeing your paper today!

    ReplyDelete